Date: November 14, 2015 Time: 8am to 11:45
Location: University of Hawaii Maui Campus-Kalama Building, room 103 & 104
Co-sponsors: Maui Association of Landscape Professionals, UH Maui Department of Agricultural & Natural Resources, Aloha Arborist Association
Attention Certified Arborists: workshop approved for 3 CEUs (continuing education units)
Contact Person: Elaine Malina email@example.com / 808-879-9169 www.mauibeautiful.org
Hello MALP Members!
The upcoming Malama The Trees Workshop is November 14. This workshop is the creation of Maui Green & Beautiful and MALP is a co-sponsor. You can’t beat FREE and still get needed CEU’s if you’re an Arborist or LICT! See you there!
- 8am Registration
- 8:30-9am Eyes in the Trees: Little Fire Ants, Coconut Rhinocerous Beetle & Rapid Ohia Death
Speaker: Lissa Strohecker is the Public Relations & Education Specialist with the Maui Invasive Species Committee
- 9am-10am Pruning, the Do’s & Don’ts for Ornamental & Fruit Trees
Speaker: Ernest Rezents-Professor Emeritus Agriculture UH Maui, ISA Certified Arborist, ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist, recipient of the ISA True Professional of Arboriculture 2015 award
- 10-10:15am Break
- 10:15-10:45am “Tree Protection = Watershed Protection” What species benefit community needs & what ones are problematic”
Speaker: Pat Bily-The Nature Conservancy Invasive Plant Specialist, member of the State’s Pesticide Advisory Committee, landscape industry background from farming to landscape maintenance
- 10:45-11:15am Correct Mulching Techniques
Speaker: Susi Mastroianni-Certified Arborist, runs & owns garden design company since 2004, Master Gardener
- 11:15-11:45am “A Tree within a Tree”-discussing the biology of trees, which is important for proper air-layering propagation including a demonstration of air-layering
Speaker: Terry Nutt-Certified Arborist including Tree Risk Assessment with ISA, owner of A-Nutt Nurseries, former member of the Maui County Arborist Committee
Please CLICK HERE for complete information from Maui Green & Beautiful.