Pyraclostrobin is in several products for use on turf:
- Insignia and Insignia SC Intrinsic. (Pyraclostrobin is the sole active ingredient.)
- Pillar G and Pillar G Intrinsic. (Pyraclostrobin and triticonazole are the ingredients.)
- Lexicon Intrinsic. (Pyraclostrobin + fluxapyroxad are the active ingredients.)
- Honor and Honor Intrinsic for use on golf course turf. (Pyraclostrobin and boscalid are the active ingredients.)
There are also pyraclostrobin products for use on ornamentals (production and/or landscape):
- Pageant and Pageant Intrinsic. (Pyraclostrobin and boscalid are the active ingredients.)
- Insignia, Insignia SC Intrinsic.
All of these are products of BASF Corporation.
The EPA is requesting the following information about pyraclostrobin use. Please provide as much of the information as you can (the more the better):
- Sites (crops) on which pryraclostrobin is used.
- For each crop:
- Disease(s) or pest(s) controlled by pyraclostrobin
- Acreage on which pyraclostrobin is used.
- Application rate (lbs ai/A)
- Typical application timing (date or reason for first application and application interval).
- Maximum number of applications per year or crop cycle (if the crop cycle is not one year, please describe the crop cycle).
- Any information or concerns about resistance management regarding the use of pyraclostrobin
For additional information about the pyraclostrobin Registration Review, visit:
http://www.regulations.gov and Search for Docket ID: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0051
You or your stakeholders are welcome to submit comments directly. You may do so at Regulations.gov. If comments are submitted directly, I would appreciate a copy or notification that comments were submitted. Comments must be received by Monday August 25, 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns about the registration review of pyraclostrobin, please contact me.
Extension Pesticide Programs
Plant & Environmental Protection Sciences
University of Hawaii