Maui Green and Beautiful Presents The 6th Annual Malama the Trees
“Trees the Life of Tomorrow”
Free Educational Workshop.
Homeowners, Commercial Property owners, Landscape & Tree Professionals
Credits Available: Arborist CEU’s – 3 | LICT CEU’s – 3
Saturday, November 12, 2016
8:30am Registration & Refreshments
Come early & enjoy the Tree Care information & Maui Invasive Species Committee tables
Location: UH Maui College Campus-Kalama Building Rooms 103 & 102
- UH Maui Department of Agricultural & Natural Resources
- Aloha Arborist Association (AAA)
- Maui Association of Landscape Professionals (MALP)
9am – “Meet Maui’s Exceptional Trees”
- Patricia Tratebas –Landscape Designer, creator of a database of Maui County’s Exceptional Trees. Learn the history, the laws, and the specific trees and why the trees are special.
10am – “Using Native Trees & Shrubs in the Landscape”
- Duane Sparkman-Engineering/Landscaping Manager, Maui Cultural Lands Board Member. Learn how to “make it native” in your landscape, also the affect that some pesticides have on native species & bees.
11:15am – “Building a Coalition for Trees”
- Tom Dinell-Emeritus Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, UH Manoa. Learn the joys & agonies of building partnerships for trees and why that is so important and necessary. “Will need many more trees to stay cool as world climate warms up”
Contact: email@example.com or 879-9169