There will be an important meeting between the Maui Agricultural Industry and the U.S. Dept. of Labor Officials on May 23, 2013 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Hannibal Tavares Center Pool Annex meeting room. Federal Officials attending will be Terrance Trotter, District Director, Ms Min Kirk, Asst. District Director and Reuben Lago, Agricultural Specialist from California.
Items on Agenda:
1. Federal Labor law record keeping-hours, wages
2. Transportation of employees requirements
3. Housing standards-43 item checklist
4. Contractor Certificate-for those finding labor
5. Requirements for agricultural “trainees”
Kenneth Yamamura Kenneth.Yamamura@mauicounty.gov